Kesari Shrikhand Recipe
About this Kesari Shrikhand Recipe
Shrikhand is a delicious dessert yogurt preparation well-liked within the western areas of Gujarat and Maharashtra. Hung yogurt is mix with sugar and flavor with cardamom powder and saffron and studded with crunchy mixed nuts. Chilled Shrikhand along with hot puris make a delicious meal at any time of all months.
This delicious Shrikhand recipe is ideally loved chilled and is right for summers. You can prepare it for festivals and especially for events, it tastes rather well. It is served chilled, garnished with dry fruits. Prepare this Kesari Shrikhand recipe on festivals such as Gudi Padwa.
In order to do this Kesari Shrikhand, yogurt is hung in muslin cloth until it looses most of its water and turns into thick and creamy. This thick yogurt is known as “Chakka“. However, once the chakka is prepared, flavoring and powdered sugar are added to it and everything is mixed properly to convey it collectively. Try this Indian sweet recipe at home and enjoy it with family. Do comment experience about this recipe.
Prep Time : 8-10 hour
Cook time : 0-5 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Sweet
Ingredients for Kesari Shrikhand Recipe
- Saffron (kesar) large pinch
- Yogurt 1 kilogram
- Sugar substitute sucralose 1/3 cup
- Warm milk 2 tablespoons
- Nutmeg powder a pinch
- Green cardamom powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Almonds blanched, peeled and sliced 5-6
- Pistachios blanched, peeled and sliced 8-10
Tie the yogurt in a chunk of muslin and hold it for overnight over a bowl, in a fridge, to drain.
Transfer the drained yogurt into a bowl. Add the sugar substitute and mix well.
Soak the saffron in a warm milk, cool, and add to the yogurt mixture. Mix well. If you don’t have Saffron, you can make plain one too.
Add the nutmeg powder and cardamom powder; mix well and chill in the refrigerator.
Serve chilled, decorated Shrikhand with the almonds and pistachios.
- Add only powdered sugar to the Shrikhand. It will not dissolve properly if you add normal sugar.
- This shrikhand recipe is enough for 4 to 5 servings. But if you want to add or reduce the servings, then you need to prepare less amount of hung curd and then add sugar and the flavorings accordingly.
Nutrition Info for Shrikhand
Calories : 684 Kcal
Carbohydrates : 32.6 gm
Protein : 34 gm
Fat : 46.8 gm
Other : 0
Do Check our Besan Burfi Recipe